Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot delete Temp files

• Please log in to reply

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have run CCleaner, Ad-aware, Spybot...etc then i ran IlSystem wiper (a great program)

when deleting Temporary Files with the error message:

Cannot delete ACR50- file in use (about 10 diff ACR files)
ans cannot delete a number of others ~DF files, perfdata files

anyone know what these files are and how I can get rid of them?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
These files are files that windows are using right at that moment...they cannot be deleted because they are in use. Windows is constantly creatiing temp files

If you reboot, windows should clear them, though sometimes some remain. Try setting them in order by date and removing those older than today....the rest cannot be deleted.

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Reboot to safe mode [f8 on bootup] go into administrator acct , is how i delete them ,or if you have more than one user logg off one users and go into other user and delete them there .works for me .

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
In response to your response, I have the same system wiper on 2 other computers, but do not get the same error messages on either one, in fact, 1 of the computers is the same model, and windows xp operating system, can these files be caused by a spyware program?

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
the temp files that concern you are acrobat 5 files(ACR50) you can try if you are running acrobat ver7 make sure that you also don,t still have ver5 in add remove programs.

you should be able to delete the oldest of the Perflib_Perfdata files but not those currently in use this is normal, cheers :whistling: