Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word 03 Spell/Grammar cker switching languages

• Please log in to reply

smacey

smacey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Help. After typing a new document sometimes, completely randomly, my spell checker will switch to Spanish or German all by itself. What is going on and how can I make it stop!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It happens if the source document is Spanish or German, you could load the document, set the spellcheck to the language you want, run it, save the document

smacey

smacey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
It is a new document that was just typed in and when it switches to Spanish or German, and I switch it back, it continues to check in Spanish or German until I reboot.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word, click help, click detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts

Have you run Office or Microsoft Update recently

smacey

smacey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Looks like the updates have been happening automatically, but I did the detect and repair. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well