Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win98 explorer

• Please log in to reply

ottokin

ottokin

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Where is the file explorer.exe supposed to be located in windows98? Where can I download a copy of it so that I can replace it due to it missing or being corupted? I do not have the cd-rom of windows98. I purchased it without it.

Advertisements

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
The explorer.exe program is located in

c:\windows\

I would not recommend replacing this file by find one from elsewhere online - how could you trust it?

This is an essential component of the Windows operating system - I wouldn't download a copy that may be equally corrupted, offering back doors to hack attacks for example.

Get yourself a copy of Win98 second edition and reinstall is my advice. Replacing important system files isn't recommended, re-installing is.

Cheers

daveB - LinuxWannabee :tazz:

ottokin

ottokin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I was able to restore a previous registration setting, but I will use your advise because it is running okay but is somewhat unstable.

Thank you,
ottokin
My Webpage