Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

upgrade microsoft home publishing 2000

• Please log in to reply

deere1

deere1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
:help:I have about 100 megs worth of saved home pulishing projects in my documents.I am haveing problems with the bundled software cd's that contain microsoft works 200 and micrososft home publishing 2000.I have tried microsoft publisher as well as works 8 and xp office.They cannot open the saved files.Home pulishing saves the files with extentions *.php.Is there any program out there that can open these files.I cannot afford to loose the information.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
php is a programing language used on web servers to gernerate html (normal web page file type) You might be able to open them in Internet Explorer If they look broken it is because your computer dose no know how to process the php files. We can look at other ways of opening them after you have tried that.

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have tried to open the files in windows explorer,the files are not listed in my documents(were they are located :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Since that all have .php extention you would be able to Go
Start > Search
and Type *.php
then you will know were they are.

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The files I am trying to access is in the my documents folder.They are listed in that folder,but when I use windows exployer they are not listed.I just need a secondary program to open the files when the works suite disks stop functioning.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What Problems are you haveing with the CD's that contain microsoft works 2000 and micrososft home publishing 2000?

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

What Problems are you haveing with the CD's that contain microsoft works 2000 and micrososft home publishing 2000?

sometimes the program locks up(no other programs does this,and I have over 30 gigs of info on the hard drive.The hard drive is also less than 6 months old)When I try to reinstall the program my computer cant read the disks.I do keep my pickup lenses clean by using a drive cleaner. :whistling:

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Is there a way I can convert the files into something that is current?? :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Something like http://www.digitalju...ompdf/about.php will convert them to PDF

There is nothing wrong with php, this page is writen in php, my whole web site is in php, the only problem is most computers don't understand it. You need PHP 4 or 5 installed for that have a look at http://www.php.net

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

What Problems are you haveing with the CD's that contain microsoft works 2000 and micrososft home publishing 2000?Sometimes they can't be read

Advertisements

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

What Problems are you haveing with the CD's that contain microsoft works 2000 and micrososft home publishing 2000?Sometimes they can't be read

How would I use the php program that the link points to?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I think you have to install it then set up a server you your computer, then you can open the files.

But what were you doing useing home pulishing, it is ment for pulishing the files to the web, if you did that you would have no problems with opening the files. I just can't work what you were trying to do.

Have you tryed installing the said program, home pulishing, on another computer?

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I think you have to install it then set up a server you your computer, then you can open the files.

But what were you doing useing home pulishing, it is ment for pulishing the files to the web, if you did that you would have no problems with opening the files. I just can't work what you were trying to do.

Have you tryed installing the said program, home pulishing, on another computer?

I have tried to set it up on a comparitive pc to my own.Same problems as before.So that leaves me with the saved documents created by home publishing 2000.With no current way to access them.Even though it is not an emergency that I get to them today but will need to access them very soon.

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Just to let you know that most of those saved documents have a picture incorperated in them Like a graph, flyer image etc.)

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I will be back online on Friday evening.Hope to solve this problem at that time thank you for all your help.I do really appreciate it. :whistling: :blink:

Edited by deere1, 19 May 2006 - 04:27 PM.