Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrade microsoft home publishing 2000

• Please log in to reply

RobG2G

RobG2G

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear God. I know this thread is aging, but I have the same problem as the original poster, and Google lead me here.

And after reading this thread, I don't know to laugh or cry.

Deere1, these fellas think you are talking about a bunch of php scripts. Of course *we* know you are not.

Fellas, he is not. He is talking about a bunch of Microsoft Home Publishing documents. I know this because yesterday my wife tearfully came to me with a handful of these docs, explaing that she just HAD to be able to open them and edit them and reprint them and so on. I examined them - not knowing what the [bleep] they were - thinking that some intrepid young feller created a publishing app that managed its docs in some sort of self extracting php archive... boy was I off. The files are binary, but they are not elf or a.out or any such flavor. They are non-executable proprietary M$ docs, created by some version of Microsoft Home Publisher.

The application, Microsoft Home Publisher, appears to be at end of life, and has been for some time. So that's a bummer.

Deere1, did you ever find a way to convert the files to a more useable format? PDF perhaps? If I can scare up a copy of the original application I'd just print to PDF, but I can't seem to find it... plus as a Linux nut I tend to try to avoid the paying of $$$ for my computing solutions.

Advertisements