Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET EXPLORER ERROR MESSAGES

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I keep getting Error messages in a little box that constantly halt impt work. Error Message pops up and then when I click either ok or cancel the IE shuts down. IE 7 seems incredibly unstable. I was wondering if there was a patch?

I am using a brand new HP with Windows XP.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Are you sure you have IE7? It is still in Beta, and you may want to revert to IE 6. You can shut off the scripting error notifications in Tools> Internet Options>Advanced> browsing section

Johanna

davemendoza

davemendoza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
How do I revert it back to version 6?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
First of all, are you sure you have the IE 7 Beta with the tabbed browser, thumbnail views, anti-phishing features?? See if it is listed in Add/Remove in the Control Panel. You could do a search on the MS site to see how they recommend uninstalling it. I just want to be sure you have the new browser, because if you try to uninstall IE6 from XP you are gonna break something. You may need to run a System File Check if IE6 isn't present and operating properly when you are done.

Johanna