Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need for speed

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
when i play need for speed underground 2 it stuffs up on me. i can't pick any car or anyting and i cant see any writing at all.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
We need more details to be able to help you.

Why can't you pick a car? why can't you see the writing? What does it do?
What are your system specs?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
512 mb RAM 64mb video, 1.6 GHz CPU. i dont kno y i cant choose a car. mainly becuase the wrinting is in gibrish and squares.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Gibberish and squares....sound like a font problem like you get in Windows....hmmmmm.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
ive tryed instaling and reinstalling it like 5 times. i play vice city with no problems but need for speed is giving me problems. anyone know y this is happening?

Edited by daniel_c, 20 May 2006 - 11:14 PM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there daniel_c, try re-installing graphics card drivers also I hope that the game is legit cause copied games can cause these types of problems.

And looking at your spec's you say you have a 64mb video. I am surprized the game even ran, the min spec's for the game was 128mb if I am correct.

If the game still does not work after you have re-installed the graphics drivers then please just verify with me what model video card you have.

Cool :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
its an built on vidoe card that can with the MB, my type of mother boared is..A7V400-MX, THIS IS WHAT IT SAID FOR vidoe card in my MB book (INTERGRADED VIA UNICHROME GRAPHICs)

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Yip I think that is the reason for the game not running proparly. A built in graphics is not made for the game, at a minimun a Geforce FX 5200 128mb should work and play the game proparly. But for now most games (new) will not work on the graphics card you are running.

Cool :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
ok thaks man. one more question will GTA: san andreas work on my computer? if not i wont buy it.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Most new games don't support any Intel/S3 integrated graphics cards.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
ill download the demo and see if it works.