Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Finding" Cryptographical Services

• Please log in to reply

grc

grc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, well, unfortunately I am running 2000 Professional, and I think you are showing me XP wording and graphics - so there is a difference in how things are worded and displayed, however, when I get to or go under - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer - I see (among several other things) -

iesetup.cif
ie6setup.exex
iedetect.dll
IEXPLORE.EXE
and IEUninstall - 5/16/2006 - this last one is the only one with a (modified) date near when I was making changes - all the others are from years 2002 and 2004. - I suppose I need to go back now and run the search again (?) (this may take me awhile - one way I ran this procedure I came back with literally 20,000+ results!).

Thanks - G

It may help me if I knew, or had some understanding, of my end-result or action here - is it to simply look, or find something, or am I going to want to delete something?

Edited by grc, 19 May 2006 - 08:08 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The IE6 is fine, download and run this

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

grc

grc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

The IE6 is fine, download and run this

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Great, done! - Thank you! Should I be good-to-go now, and/or should I eliminate/purge IE7-beta from my system?

Thanks again for all you help! :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See how things go, if you can track down the IE7 files then send them to the recycle bin but do not empty it, reboot the PC whenevr you need to for at least a few times, if the PC runs fine you can empty the recycle bin, though if you do not need the room just leave the recycle bin with the files in

The IE7 files are unlikely to be a problem if left where they are, because they don't run on your version of windows