Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GeekMan

GeekMan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Im not sure if this is the right forum but, here I go.

I have a DVD image which is 3.36 GB and I was wondering if there is software out there that will allow me to put that 3.36 GB onto several CD's. As I do not have a dvd burner, only a CDRW and a DVD-Rom.

Please help.

--GeekMan

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what's the image of?

GeekMan

GeekMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I had to make a backup copy of my XP because my current disk is almost killed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
like a backup of your computer? like...EVERYTHING on your computer? what did you use to do that?..or do you mean a copy of the cd itself?

GeekMan

GeekMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
A copy of the XP cd itself...not the whole computer.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so this is an image of your xp disk....your xp disk came as a dvd?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://www.pcworld.c...id,20360,00.asp
HJSplit (freeware)

But I don't understand why an XP cd would be over 3 gigs. An install, yes, but not the original cd. If you have copied your Windows files from your hard drive in an effort to have a backup, that won't work. You can not install XP from an image like that.

Johanna

GeekMan

GeekMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok, mebby I should of been more specific. It is a copy of my XP Corperate Pro CD and I modified it. That is why it is 3 GB. I then made an ISO image of it. It is a bootable iso image. So, getting back to my main delema, I want to split up this 3GB and put it onto CD's because I dont have a DVD-RW. I want to install it on my other computers also.

My method of install I want to make like a 2 or 3 CD game. Once it is finished with one CD, it asks you for annother CD. Is this possible to do with an OS?

Is so, will HJ-Split work to do that?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I am closing this thread. If you can persuade dsenette to reopen it, good luck. You don't have a corporate edition XP cd, or you would know you owned a product license key, not a cd. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do here, but please review the Terms of Service here at G2G and make sure that anything you post is in compliance. We don't help with unethical/illegal activities. Period.

Johanna