Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Replace USB 1.1 with USB 2.0

• Please log in to reply

some1kool

some1kool

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey Everyone,

I have a Dell computer which I bought right before the USB 2.0 technology came out. I want to upgrade to USB 2.0 because USB 1.1 is too slow with the things I do with my computer. However, I have no slots available in the back of my computer to put any new USB 2.0 cards in. My question is that my Dell computer has 2 USB ports in the front and 4 in the back of the computer (all 1.1). Is there anyway to replace the existing USB with the new 2.0? If not, how could I work around not having any slots open but wanting to upgrade to 2.0? Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

Matt

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
What is the model number of the computer. Also, are you say that you have fullied up every PCI slot on the computer??