Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Case Reccomendations

• Please log in to reply

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
nice replies and all, but blackhow do you busy stuff from: http://aspireusa.net/default.php

what do you think of this: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811119068

Edited by JTingly, 19 May 2006 - 09:23 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Aspire's can be found on Newegg as well. They can be found pretty much anywhere. And to Warrior, I don't know where you're getting this "cheap" feeling from. The reviews where people are like, "the plastic front is always coming off" must be having death matches with it or something because it's one of the most durable cases I've had.

Second, JTingly that's an okay case the only problem I see is that there is only 1 120mm fan in the back. I like cases which have a front intake and rear exhaust of vice versa to keep air moving THROUGH the case instead of around inside of it.

My suggestions:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811144177
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129145

I have an Aspire X-Navigator ( http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811144089 ) but I think that's a little out of your price range. Great cooling (even if a little loud) and it looks amazing at night (lots of LED's and interchangable face plates).

Edited by BlackPandemic, 20 May 2006 - 10:29 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Aspire i would imagine would have more than one manufacturing facility and like most things quality varies, from what ive seen in shops(they are surprisingly popular in shops for some reason) they have all looked cheap to me but maybe it was just the ones they had on display, but people say that about the lanboys and they are fine the door would be better if it was alluminium but then the case would cost more.

The coolermsater centurian 5 series is one of the best range of cases available i dont think ive ever read a bad review of one, they have the coolermaster quality without the price tag lots of good features dual 120mm fans cant get any better than that for the money. The latest ones are the 530s price wise usually the same as the older 5s but i like the looks a little better but the 5s are different in style, there is a rival to the lanboy from coolermaster called the ammo its cheaper and it looks like its pretty nice.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks black, i'll DEFINETELY look into those links

New one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811144103
, i'd like to get it, but i have afeeling its low quality maybe? whats your thouhgts

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
That was the case I was supposed to get with my new compy but when I went to order it, it wasn't even an option anymore :whistling: So I went with the next best, the X-Navigator.

It's a good case, smaller than the X-Navigator but it has a side port fan as well as a rear giving it a little more airflow (especially if you make one an exhaust).

Some people will say reviews like "front door too flimsy" but it's really not if you use it like a normal person not flinging it around :blink: I say go for that one!

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Woohooo! Thanks black! just needed that reassurance, and its really affordable too.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Glad I could help! Good luck with the new case!

As a side note, in my Navigator I have 2 rear fans (exhaust), 1 front fan (intake), and a side 120mm fan that I have disabled for sound reasons. My CPU and HDD are never above 40*C so if you find your two fans not cutting it, look into getting a replacement (they're only like $10 max!)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The only major quam i have with that case is its still using 80mm fans where 120mm is the prefered standard due to lower noise and higher output of 120mms. The difference is pretty big between 80mm and 120mm fans.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ohh, so bigger fans are better..well keep in mind, this is my first comp im building. theres gonna be more coming :whistling: but will my comp blow up due to 80 mm fans?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Bigger fans are only better because they can push out more air while staying quieter. There are 80mm fans out there that can match a decent 120mm.

If you think it's too loud, find a quieter fan (under 30dB noise level [which is stated in all fan specs on websites]). Also, the more air it moves is better. Around 40CFM's is good for a fan (according to MaximumPC whom I trust wholy.)

As long as you keep good care of your case (no dust, using the fan speed knob and the like, you'll be absolutely fine. No, your case will not get even close to blowing up :whistling:

Advertisements

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Lol, thanks a bunch man. Yo, you dont have to, but can i have your aim or something(do you have xfire). cause i think im gonna need quite a bit of help. And remebmer, you dont have to.