Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp startup help!

• Please log in to reply

jplatinum

jplatinum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
how you guys doing? well hopefully you guys can help me out. i have a compaq laptop with window xp. when i turn on my laptop it loads up and i get the log on screen with my acccount and the guest account. when i log on with my account neither windows or any other prgram loads up, all i see is my screensaver. but when i log on with the visitor account it goes through. why is this ? i really need my account. i have many important stuff saved on it. well hopefully someone can help!!! i would apreciate it, and sorry for the long read

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
So on your account, you can just see the background?
Try this
1. Ctrl + Alt + Del
2. Click File
3. New Task (Run)
4. Type in "explorer.exe" (without the quotes)

My Windows 2000 did that and it worked

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Log in as the real admin, and take ownership of your files. It sounds like your profile is corrupt. Have you made any recent changes, or have you suspected malware to be the cause?
http://support.micro...;308421&sd=tech

Johanna

neneplatinum

neneplatinum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well yesterday i realized that my virus protection had expired. i ran my ad ware and i got many malware responces. i tried deleting these files. i believed it helped somewhat, since my account did finally go through, but there is clearly still some more malware programs . i have now renewed my anti virus and will run virus scan to detect and delete these malware programs. hopefully it works. you guys thinks this is the best solution ?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
No, you should go to
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
and follow the instructions there.

Johanna