Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen 0x00000024 ntfs

• Please log in to reply

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi i started my computer yesterday, when loading xp (black screen, xp logo in the middle, blue bar moving left to right), suddenly it restarted. It keeps on restarting the computer without managing to go to windows screen.

So i decided to do a windows recovery, i booted from my xp cd, then i pressed f6 and selected xp option and the computer recognized my hard drive from my floopy. Then the blue xp setup screen came along. Now i have three options, i selected the first as stated on your windows xp recovery forum. Then this information following comes along for one second:

examining 286182mb disk at id 0 on bus 0 on interaid

then suddenly this information:

xxx stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF7CA6B74, 0xF7CA6870, 0xF742C746)

xxx ntfs, stys_adress F742C746 base at F741B000,
Datestamp 41107eea

From this i have no other option but to restart, so i did and this time i pressed the 2nd option on the xp setup which is the recovery, still the same information.

I have also tried all start options which are normal, last known good config, safty mode and the other two safty mode options, all of the 5 options restarts during loading my xp proffessional.

I had a blue screen problem about 3 months ago, but i was able to use the xp cd and recovery and did a CHKDSK to sort the problem. Three weeks ago i used diskeeper to degrag my hard drive, after one week i uninstalled this as it was a trial. I have had no problems starting the pc for the last two weeks. Please help!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can get it to load system restore, run disc clean up

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.micro....com/kb/315222/

A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, when i go to safe mode with command prompt, it starts downloading files from ...windows\system32\drivers then it restarts the computer again. The last file it downloads is ...windows\system32\drivers\btkrnl.sys

I have tried all the options of normal, last known good config, safe mode, safemode networking and safemode with command prompt, all of them ends up restarting the computer without giving me any options.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the XP CD, use recovery console to copy that file

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, when i press the recovery option the computer restarts again, i feel like i am in a dead end.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you look at the bottom one in the list here

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

Windows Installation CD - Repair Current Installation:

" in this case we want to repair XP without using Recovery Console "

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, i have tried this, in the xp setup page instead of pressing the second option of recovery, i have pressed the first option of setup. what should happen is that it should say "c:\windows Microisoft windows xp pro", but instead my computers restarts once i press the first option of setup.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb/307545/en-us

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, my main problem is that all the solutions presume i can access system restore from safe mode and recovery from xp setup, but i can't, all the options i use restarts my computer. Is there a chance i can use my ms-dos start up disk to solve the problem (never used ms-dos before).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb/307848/en-us

Advertisements

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, this link presumes i can access command prompt, but i can't, still not sure what to do to solve the problem. Is there anything else you can think of to solve my problem!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have another PC, you can install the drive from the problem one as the slave, get any data you need off, either onto the drive in the other PC or onto CDR / DVDR, then you can format the problem drive and re-install

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, solved the problem!!! :whistling:

I downloaded a demo of HDD Regenarator Boot cd, this checked my hard drive for bad sectors, one bad sector was found and recovered. After this, xp loaded normally.

Thank you very much for your help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

If you click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm then press enter and reboot it will check the drive completely. It will take an hour or so to get to the desktop, do not disturb it while it runs

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, i did a chkdsk /f /r yesterday, today when i put my pc on it did a chkdsk automatically, is this normal and can i get rid of this. Thank you