Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 11 BETA out, and its actually good

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Finally a WMP that is what it should be, been using WMP 11 for a couple of days now and i am impressed the library change from spreadsheet boredom to graphical glory is excellent and easy to use, the sync functions are good it even picks up my nwa-3000 ive yet to test it fully but it looks promising not sure if its enough to make me switch from winamp permanently but its coming close and its only a beta(ony flaw is it needs smoe new visualisations other than the WMP10 ones but it is a beta they might change that).

So for those of you without Vista you can now get it for XP http://www.microsoft...11/default.aspx and its well worth trying even though it is a beta. Does require a WGA check though unless you manually install so if youve never done it(dont know how i managed to avoid it) do it before install.

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I have used this new WMP11 beta and I think it is great, I still have Winamp on my PC but I have stopped using it and I have been using WMP11. the look and feel of this new player is great and I think a lot of people will start to use this more often.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
when will WMP11 version come out for Windows XP?

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
It is out for XP WMP11

this is just a beta though so be carefull and watch out for bugs

Edited by CJIS, 24 May 2006 - 01:55 AM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
na ill wait for the ultimate one. not gonna risk it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, i wouldnt worry about it, by this stage its not got alot of bugs, most of the changes will just be some optimisations this is pretty close to the final software they might add some stuff and put some final tweaks but its pretty much done.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you end up wanting to uninstall it after trying it

start > settings > control panel > add/remove programs > check the box that says "show updates" > uninstall windows media player 11 and the windows media player 11 runtime.. that should be listed under microsoft

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yup, that will roll it back to WMP9 or if you have a newer version of windows no WMP at all, youll need to go and get 10 again after that if you want 10 back which you might not want.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i believe uninstalling the 11 files mentioned will roll back to whatever your most recent level was...so if you upgraded from 9 you'll go back to 9 if y ou upgraded from 10 you should go back to 10

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The Cnet article said it would go back to 9 because 10 itself is an upgrade and gets lumped in with 11 but i havent uninstalled it ill find out when/if i do.