Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

animated/moving desktop

• Please log in to reply

sl8a

sl8a

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
does any1 know how i can have moving pictures (animated) on my desktop wallpaper?

i have the moving pic.... i just want to make it move on the desktop!!

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Go to Control Panel-->Display, select the Desktop tab. Now, under the list of background files, click the "Customize Desktop..." button. From the newly opened window, choose the Web tab and click the New... button. Now click the Browse button to find the location of your animation. This way, you can add as many animations as you want to your desktop, and the limit is, of course, the size of your dektop. You can also move the aniumations around your desktop and place them where you want them.

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
done what he said with 2 movin pics.... stil doesn't move. just shows starting img

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Active desktop uses your Internet settings, so you need to enable animations in IE (tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down to enable animations.

If that is set correctly, a number of programs will prevent animations. Programs like webfilters, ad filters and firewalls-- for example, zonealarm. You need to enable animated gifs in the programs preferences