Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic My Dvd - DVD Writing Program

• Please log in to reply

shaft121

shaft121

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello there. I recently purchased a new PC with a DVD + - Writer in it. The software for this drive is Sonic MyDVD. I have tried to burn a copy of an AVI file I have on a DVD-R disc but it just won't play without being extremely juddery.

Also, even though the file was around 700MB, it wouldn't fit onto the DVD in High Quality.

I also tried burning some data onto the CD, about 3GB worth of files. But I could only fit around 600MB onto it. Anybody know if this is a problem with that particular program or is that normal for DVD Writers?

--------------
Actor, smooth customer and women's health advocate
--------------

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
To me it sounds as if the program isn't compressing the files in order to allow you to play files/transfer data at the optimal rate. If you don't mind forkin' out some $$, go with Nero.

Also, what kind of DVD's are you using (+R, -R, +RW, -RW/ Sony, Imation, etc.)?

shaft121

shaft121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am using Verbatim DVD-R, 4.7GB/120Min

shaft121

shaft121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Any help then?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check for updates at Sonic, they also have ask Sonia interactive help

You should have the option to select the type of disc (CD / DVD) it will write to, it could be set to CDR so would be limited to 700MB