Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Site Access

• Please log in to reply

tj656

tj656

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I can not access or ping this one site from my PC. I can access it from my laptop on the same network just not from my pc. I used to be able to access it.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you post a link to the site you are having trouble with? If it's not family friendly, PM it to me directly.

Johanna

terabyte

terabyte

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Are you sure you can't "ping" the website...
To make sure, go to "Start"-->"All programs"-->"Command Prompt"(Command Prompt might be under the Accesories folder..)

And type in the DOS Prompt: "ping www.google.com" (without the quotation marks and your own website that's not working..if it's not receving any packets then you have a problem with the site..)

Hope that helps.. :whistling:

tj656

tj656

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can ping google with no problem. The site I am trying to access is
www.123mc.com

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Check your active X settings in your browser, security and/or ad blocking programs. When I don't allow the active X, the page won't display.

In IE Tools> Internet Options>Security tab> highlight Internet > click Custom Settings and scroll to check settings.

Johanna

tj656

tj656

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Active is fine. I can not access the site from either browser Mozila or IE

tj656

tj656

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I guess this is a tuff one? Anyone have any other ideas?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have a firewall on this pc? like the windows firewall? generally it's set by default to limit ICMP traffic...so it may be blocking the ping replies...try completely turning the firewall off and ping the site..