Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plain and simple computer is messed...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mad-Skillz

Mad-Skillz

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Okay i went to Removed URL to try and find something for vegas 4.0 and i downloaded something and it was like a huge virus it makes my comp go "comp with shut down in 50 seconds" and then starts counting down and non stop pop ups...and endless pop ups in the bottem right corner with "your computer is infected" how do i get rid of all this, it's driving me crazy...i've run spyware search and destroy and adaware but they can't remove all of it.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Well, Mad, you've put us in quite the quandry

We like to help people, that's why we are here, but you were warned once before about illicit computing behavior and you haven't seemed to learn your lesson

http://www.geekstogo...06

Pirating software is wrong, and if this was a first time offense, I'd probably give you a lecture and ask you not to do it again, but I don't think you're likely to change your ways...

I'm very sorry, I know you don't think I am, but I just cannot help you under these circumstances.