Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General game problem

• Please log in to reply

Rik111

Rik111

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
oye! just was having a problem and wondered if you could help. while playing any game (some worse than others) they will close and exit to the desktop in about 2 seconds time. i could play for 2 hours or 5 minutes there doesnt seem to be a pattern... some games that do this are-

Rakion International
Counterstrike 1.6
Tzar (the worst one on the list, if i save before it exits and restart it exits at the same time each time)
World of Warcraft
Dark Age of Camelot
Pocket Tanks
Dark Ages
Ragnarok Online
Soldat (another REALLY bad one)
Age of Empires

i have no idea what causes this... i bought this computer about a year ago and ive had some malware issues but geeks 2 go helped hugely on those and i think im virus-free

here are my specs if it helps

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 959 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+
CPU Speed: 1975.8 MHz
Sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Display Adapters: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series | ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SpeedBooster #2 | Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
CD / DVD Drives: E: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552L | J: JA1532L LYG711X | K: JA1532L LYG711X | L: JA1532L LYG711X | M: JA1532L LYG711X
Default Printer: \\FAMILY\hp officejet 5500 series
COM Ports:
LPT Ports:
Mouse:
Hard Disks:
Hard Disks - Free:
USB Controllers:
Firewire (1394):
PCMCIA (Laptops):
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: ER100AA-ABA SR1625NX NA540
Serial Number: MXF5460DCH
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 11/15/05 | HP-CPC - 42302e31
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Amberine
Modems: Not detected

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I notice that a lot of those games are MMO or online. That probably doesn't have anything (or much) to do with the crashing problem, but it's an important fact.

Just wondering, why don't you have a battery and why don't you have a HD listed?

Rik111

Rik111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
yah they're mmo that's the best kind isnt it? :whistling: but seriously.... idk y i dont have a hd listed.... i just dl'ed that stickied program that looks at ur specs... uhh if its important i have a 150 gb hd... and thats all i know :blink: it came w/ the computer so... but do u mean a battery backup? i didnt know alot of people had those... i got my mother one with her computer for mother's day but i didnt consider getting one. do i need one?
Rik
PS- can we get to the problem please? %)