Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Won't Turn On...

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
A few weeks ago, I had a problem with my computer overheating. The fan in the back (I think it's designed to expel heat from the computer) went out, and my computer kept shutting down automatically because of that. To solve this, I removed the back of my computer and opened a window to allow the inside some air. It worked perfectly after that, until I closed the window one day. The computer had overheated, shut down automatically, and now, it won't even turn back on. I've tried toggling the on/off switch on the back and pressing the power button, but nothing seems to work. It is urgent that I solve this problem before tonight. What has happened? Is there a way to "jumpstart" the computer back to life?

Thank you in advance,
Gared

Advertisements

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
can someone help please? I would deeply appreciate it...

TY in advance,
Gared

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
can someone help please? I would deeply appreciate it...

TY in advance,
G- Dogg :whistling:

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well in answer to your question no you can not "jumpstart" a computer.

overheating may have caused damage to your internal components this could be any number of things if you new that the pc was overheating why did you shut the little window thing your talking about? not to be rude but just asking.

secondly is the fan on the back of the pc connected to the motherboard or is it connected to a molex connector?

thirdly can you look around on your motherboard and see if any of the capacitors are raised. by this i mean the round cylindrical components coming of your motherboard they look something like this
http://profesanxenxo...l/capacitor.jpg

on the top of the capacitor there will be a punched peice of metal it will look like this:
(K) or something similar if any of these are raised and kind of bulging then you could have done some damage to your motherboard of even your CPU

they might vary on your motherboard i.e size and colour but they will look the same.

hope this helps a little,
troppo