Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print margin Problems

• Please log in to reply

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey,

Can someone take a look at this sample document, and tell me how to fix it? I'm unable to get the houses on the right side of the document to show up, when I print! I keep getting a print error. Please view the "Error Message" attached document. The "Sample" attached document is what I'm trying to print.

Thanks!

Romeyrome

Attached Files

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
That error is just a warning. It's just warning you that due to the print margins, the pictures/text you have there may get cut off.

Do you know how to change the margins?
Are you clicking yes when that pop-up comes up?

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
No, I do not know how to change the print margins. If I click "No", will that change the margins for me? If not, can someone tell me how to change the print margins?

Thanks!

Romeyrome

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word, click file, page set up, set the margins as you want them, these settings will give a uniform look to the page, click default, click yes

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Keith:

I appreciate your help again, my friend! Can you print the document, so you can tell me what to set the margins too? I'm unable to get the houses on the right side to print, when viewing the document horizontally. Print preview doesn't do anything for me. How do you get "Print preview" to reflect the changes? I've even tried resetting some of the margins, and I received the same error message. I gave word permission to fix it for me, but no luck!

Thanks!

Romeyrome

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how did you get the houses in there to begin with? have you tried less houses?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
better yet....open the document....click on file...then page setup...go to the paper tab...and pick an actual paper size...the original that you posted is set for 8.5 by 11.7 inch paper...that doesn't exist (to my knowledge) if you change that to 8.5 X 11 it will print fine

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click open, click file, click print