Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card problem

• Please log in to reply

stv086

stv086

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
i installed the GeForce FX 5500 256mb, it runs great ran the video performance test too 70.4 on 80, around 187fps... but wen i run late games such as COD 2 nd AOE 3 the game just closes for me, it didnt use to before... however AOE 2 work and old games work fine... Any ideas?? :whistling: Very frustrating!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try reisntalling the game so it picks up the new gfx card.

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
tried that twice ... nothing BTW i installed 1g ram at the same time ... could it have nething to do with it ? :S

Edited by stv086, 20 May 2006 - 06:11 AM.

Shamger

Shamger

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If its bad RAM it might be that. Make sure you have the lastest drivers from Nvidias site for the card, and then try running the games. If it still doesn't work try taking the RAM you put in out, and then starting the games. hopefully one of those will fix it if not I'm stumped.

Edited by Shamger, 24 May 2006 - 12:52 AM.

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
took out the ram too nothing same thing ! im gonna format and try again :S:S:S:S:S:S