Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE & Forums

• Please log in to reply

holycow

holycow

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am a user of some forums and there is a problem that the avatar does NOT show up (you can just see a line *x1 pixels) in Internet Explorer ! You can see them fine in Mozilla Firefox !
Forums are based on PHPBB.
i am not the only one having this problem ! A lot of users are ...
So i guess sumthing needs to be done in the Internet Explorer settings...

P.S. I use IE 7 Beta... but the problem exists in IE 6 as well

Edited by holycow, 20 May 2006 - 04:03 AM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If you have Firefox, why continue using IE? It seems pointless and redundant to use both to me.

Just stay with Firefox.

holycow

holycow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
well i can switch to firefox but there are ~12,000 users on that forum and all of them wont switch to Firefox just for those forums... so i was wondering if that could be fixed..

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you tried emailing the site admin? Possibly there is a setting admin has overlooked or needs to change. Have you tried clearing your temp files? Any change in the ability to display avatars?

Johanna