Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

save to documents

• Please log in to reply

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
when i save documents etc it wants to save to "my docs" - i want to set default to ask to save to desktop.
i have forgotten how to do this.
Could any of you learned guru's assist me. Once again thank you for your time and knowledge.
Also if you have a spare second - in other forum/logs i read that i can do "workshop?" to learn/become GTG helper - can you point me in the right direction. How much time and effort is required for this as i do shiftwork and sometimes unable to use a pc for a week or two.

Sano

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
How To Change Default 'Save in' Location

sano

sano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thank you Comnir, i was hoping that i could get around "tweak iu" but i did download and follow the instructions. Thank you again, your information is appreciated.

All worked fine, very 'appy...

Edited by sano, 20 May 2006 - 07:55 AM.

woohoofulness

woohoofulness

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
so....i have to ask, did it work?

sano

sano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes it worked - though word docs seem hesitant and have to minimize then max again to get it to work properly.

Edited by sano, 21 May 2006 - 10:40 PM.