Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

alpha blending drivers

• Please log in to reply

haramrit

haramrit

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have a 915 GAV intel motherboard ,P4 2.8 Ghz,1 GB RAM , without a video card, whenever i try to execute the game call of duty2 i get a message that the motherboard does not support alpha blending ,kindly help to solve the problem.

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

(Source)
1 - You get the "Your video card or driver does not support alpha blending " or "dynamic lighting" etc.. error message when trying the run the game.

This means that your graphics card drivers may need updating or that your graphics card needs upgrading.

In your case, it's probably the Graphics card which needs an upgrade.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
If you are running without a plugin video card then that means you are using the motherboard's onboard graphics chip. Apparently it does not have the capability to do what you want.

Many of these types of motherboards allow a video card to be plugged into a video adapter slot on the motherboard. I did a bit of research here. This mobo has a PCI-E video card adapter slot which gives you the ability to use many available adapters. Its up to you to research these boards and choose one. I would imagine that the vast number of them will do what you want it to, but there are large differences in price and capability.