Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2003

• Please log in to reply

Dmack9185

Dmack9185

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

We have installed office 2003. After we realized that the office shortcut bar was no more, now we are not getting email notification when a user receives email. No envelope, sound or cursor changing. Nada nothing.

Is it a setting I have missed? Everything looks correct in Tools --> Options --> email options -->Advanced email options .

Any one else find this problem or a solution for this?

Thanks,

Dmack9185
[email protected]

Advertisements

bmcpartland

bmcpartland

• Pip
  • 7 posts
In Advanced Email Options, are the bottom 2 boxes checked under "when new items arrive in my inbox"?

If they are, select Desktop Alert Settings -> make sure the duration and transparency are set (mine are 7 seconds and 20%). Do a preview to see if the test appears.

Also right click the taskbar and go to properties. Uncheck the last box to hide inactive icons. I've had one user not receive the envelope because that was checked for some reason.

Dmack9185

Dmack9185

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bmcpartland writes

<<In Advanced Email Options, are the bottom 2 boxes checked under "when new items arrive in my inbox"?>>

Checked all settings, they look correct, as well as the settings for inactive icons. Still no notifications of any sort when receive mail.

Any other ideas out there?

Dmack

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The notification only applies to the inbox, if you have it set for mail to go direct to folders, then nada