Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Access Violation at address... (hot keys?)

• Please log in to reply

ku_undergrad

ku_undergrad

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Prior to turning off my computer, it will stop and post this message everytime...

Access violation at address 00443853 write of address 013EFD04

Is there anything I can do to restore this missing file, or correct this problem?

Any advice would be welcomed!

P.S. -- i assume it has to do with hot keys since it is not uncommon for my 'hot keys' to be unresponsive...therefore resulting in me closing the hot keys program.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

ku_undergrad

ku_undergrad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry for not posting a response sooner...

Just to clarify it is the hotkey keyboard, as that is the title of the message:

Access violation at address 00443853. Write of Address 013EFD04.

I performed all of the actions you have listed, yet still get this message everytime i turn off the computer. Any suggestions?

Also, the one action i was curious about was the action of the cd. What cd? This is the one action i did not perform... as i never received a message stating i needed to load a cd.

On a positive note, my computer is running faster and more much more fluid than before.

Thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, right click my computer, click properties, hardware, device manager, click + next to keyboard, right click the keyboard, click remove, confirm, reboot

Windows will find the keyboard when it loads

Check the keyboard manufacturer's site for the most recent software

sfc /scannow would have asked for the disc if it needed to replace files, it would have asked for the windows CD

When it ran though, did you see an onscreen blue progress bar and did the scan take a while?

ku_undergrad

ku_undergrad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I followed all of the instructions posted in your last response, and unfortunately the hotkey keyboard message... access violation at address... Write of address... continues to pop up when i shutdown. I had no luck finding any updates and was told my current configuration is the 'best suited' for my computer when placing the windows xp cd into my computer looking for updates for the keyboard.

Yes, the blue progress bar, etc. worked fine before... no problem there.

I googled the description of the problem on the internet, and one user stated they used system restore. Is this a good option? My computer runs perfectly fine, no pop-ups, etc. except for this one exception i have stated--Which is becoming increasingly frustrating.

I found another site which has an individual w/ the exact same problem...

Solution Title: Getting "Access violation at address 00444510 Read of address 41E7EBFC" error on message headlined "HotKey Keyboard" everytime i shut down.

Getting "Access violation at address 00444510 Read of address 41E7EBFC" error on message headlined "HotKey Keyboard" everytime i shut down. Then the "End Task" message pops up. I don't know whats going on with this? Computer seems to be running fine....

By experts exchange, but requires a subscription for the solution.

If you have any other ideas to correct the problem, they would be greatly appreciated!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you use the F-Mode key to switch to standard keys, does it shutdown OK

Which make and model keyboard do you have?

ku_undergrad

ku_undergrad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i don't actually have an f-mode on/off button on this keyboard. Is there another way i can address your question w/out the f-mode button? (i'm actually not too familiar w/ f-mode, other than knowing they are the keys F1-F12).

i have an emachines keyboard, model KB-0108, which came stock with my emachines T3092. A college kid, so i had to go the cheaper route :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I could not see a driver for the keyboard on their site, though it does exist

There is a live chat link, they would know what the problem is

http://www.emachines...ies&model=T3092

Can you let me know if they were unable to help