Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

home publishing problems

• Please log in to reply

deere1

deere1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I reaaly need to find a program that will open the php files created by homepublishing 2000.I am haveing a real problem keeping the program stable(only one that gives me problems.Hard frive is about 6 months old).When I try to reinstall my computer is not capable to accuratle red the disk due to its age and amount of use. :blink: :help: :) :whistling:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What exactly is home publishing 2000? Who makes it? Was it that Microsoft application the Publisher eventually replaced?

the php extension is now used predominantly in web publishing.

You might try cleaning the disk with warm, soapy water and patting it dry.

You might also consider copying the files from the cd to the harddrive....sometimes, you can get an install to work that way from a bad disk

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

What exactly is home publishing 2000? Who makes it? Was it that Microsoft application the Publisher eventually replaced?

the php extension is now used predominantly in web publishing.

You might try cleaning the disk with warm, soapy water and patting it dry.

You might also consider copying the files from the cd to the harddrive....sometimes, you can get an install to work that way from a bad disk

I have tried to clean cd's to no avail.I am at a loss as to how to put all the files on hard drive when there is 6 cd's to put in.I have use the cd's that it calls for when I put something together.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
still wondering about what home publishing 2000 is? Can you link to a product review or something? Who makes it?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...ecycle/?p1=1964
the last article i see that references a release of home publishing is dated in nov of 99

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

http://support.micro...ecycle/?p1=1964
the last article i see that references a release of home publishing is dated in nov of 99

Home publishing 2000 was made by Microsoft.I have tried to contact microsoft but they do not ofer support for that program anymore.So here we are,I am still searching.Thanks for trying.If you have any ideas please put it in this forum.Home publishing is a program that can be used to create Birthday cards,Banners,Graphs,Buisness cards,etc.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it have to be Home Publishing

http://www.freeserif...agePlus/faq.asp

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
How many files are we talking about?

Could you attach one so we could take a look?

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
[quote name='Keith' date='May 25 2006, 05:13 PM' post='681649']
Does it have to be Home Publishing

http://www.freeserif...agePlus/faq.asp
[/quote
Not necessary for it to be home publishing,but I did try Microsoft Publisher 2003,Works(mickeysoft)8,but they will not open the saved files.Not compatable I would guess.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Then it would help if you can list the file type, (ext) or attach a file to a post

Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 was the last version.

Similar products are:

Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2001 Platinum Edition

Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2002 Platinum Edition

Microsoft Picture It! Publishing Platinum 5th Anniversary edition

John Inzer

Picture It! MVP

Advertisements

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Here is the file type atached to this reply.(I hope this helps)

Attached Files

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you able to open it in Home Publishing then use file, save as to change the file type

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Are you able to open it in Home Publishing then use file, save as to change the file type

I will try

deere1

deere1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I will try

Do you have any suggestions as to what type to save them as so they can be used with the program that I have previously mentioned?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you click save as, use the drop down menu to see what the options are, to something which will run with a programme you have would be good

This is for a trial version which runs out at the tail end of 2006, which could then leave you having to buy it or be in the same position with regard to being unable to open the files you have, however, it may open the files you have with the option to use save as

http://www.microsoft...free_trial.aspx

It is an 118MB file

Home Publishing went to Microsoft Picture It which moved on to Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, that retails at 130 USD so you could look for versions of Picture It on Amazon once you confirm it will work with the files you have