Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DGL 4300 Router

• Please log in to reply

GR8 Anhialator

GR8 Anhialator

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought a DGL 4300 router. Included in my home network is 2 xbox 360's and my Dell laptop computer. I am wanting to connect all the above to the router. I have tried various ways and when I play GRAW online I can't host and hold the room it keeps dropping me and the rest of the room. I also just upgraded my broad band so the upload speed is better, but my connection on GRAW seems to be worse. Any suggestions or ideas?

Anhialator

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
GRAW needs a LOT of uplink speed to be able to host anyone. You should probably be calling your ISP about this.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello GR8 Anhialator and welcome to G2G,

I was having the exact same problem, as you are, with my 360 and GRAW. I was hosting games with 5 to 10 players, all buddies locally in the same city and i was getting some real bad lagging and echoing from the voice com. As I am a Data Technician for my ISP I knew for 100% that the lag was not from my ISP and i found this out by disconnecting the router and connecting the 360 directly to the cable modem and hosting that way. After doing this for about 2 weeks just to get a lag free game i decided to research my Linksys router and discoverd that by configuring the settings within my router i could optimize my gaming performance. Now Im lag free while still connected to the router.

Your router is different than mine, so you will have to research it yourself from the manufacturers websight. Here is where you want to go, to find out what you need to do:

D-Link Support
http://support.dlink.com/faq/

3rd Party Setup Instructions
http://www.viperlair...300/index.shtml

To get you pointed in the right direction, this is what all I changed on mine:

1) Set Device Priorities by MAC Address. Meaning I put the MAC from my 360 as the Highest Priority and the MAC's from the 2 Desktops as the lowest Priorities.

2) Enabled DMZ Hosting by the 360's IP Address.

3) Manually set my Wired QOS Upstream Bandwidth to the max bandwidth for my connection type.

PS....
If you need any additional help with the getting the MAC addresses or anything not router specific let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further. If you would like to get killed repeatedly on GRAW :whistling: look me up on any sunday night from 10-12 (CST) as gamertag: SpaceCowboy706

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 24 May 2006 - 04:04 PM.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
GR8,

I got your text message on XBOX Live the other day and I forgot to reply back. It is much easier to just use the internal NIC MAC address, as there is no benefit to changing it. Follow these steps to get it:

1. From your 360 Dashboard go to the SYSTEM tab
2. Go to NETWORK SETTINGS
3. Go to EDIT SETTINGS
4. Scroll to the right for ADDITIONAL SETTINGS
5. Then scroll down once to ADVANCED SETTINGS/HOST NAME/ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS and press the "A" button
6.Bottom left hand of the sscreen is your MAC Address

PS...
Sunday night from 10:00 to 12:00 PM (CST) I host for GRAW and usuallu draw a good crowd... if you think your good enough to hang in there with us
:whistling: