Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 graphics card not on SLI

• Please log in to reply

terabyte

terabyte

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new computer soon with a Gefore 6xxx series GPU (one of the cheap versions).
And maybe after a few months I am thinking of getting a TV tuner card.

Suppose the tv tuner card gpu was more powerful then the the Geforce..is there a way to make the PC use one card without using the other without physically opening up the box and removing it from its PCI slot???

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
TV tuners unless you get an all in wonder dont have GPUs and those ones arent PCI, and if it was as powerful in the PCI that wouldnt matter because the PCI would heavily bottleneck the card. Also TV cards have neither DVI or VGA sockets usually which are the sockets your monitor uses.

terabyte

terabyte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
okay...but I'd like to know if there is a way to shut off of them...
for instance I have an integrated graphics card on my motherboard...suppose i buy a discrete video card, is there a way to tell my PC to no longer use the integrated graphics card?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its usually automatic when you install a card but if it isnt there is often a manual option in Bios to disable onboard gfx if you have it. But that will be automatic probably as soon as you add the new card whatever you get. Just remember to check compatibilty with your motherboard before you get a new card.

terabyte

terabyte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
kool, thanks for the help warriorscot. :whistling: