Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Philips TV Tuner/ Trust Sound Card conflict?

• Please log in to reply

Aku Aku

Aku Aku

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello

I've got a PCI card with a Philips 7134 TV tuner on it which I hadn't bothered reinstalling on my system after a recent Windows reinstall.

Since I last had the TV tuner working I have installed a Trust sound card which runs on C-Media drivers (CMI8738/C3DX).

I just installed the TV tuner but the computer isn't picking up the audio. When I open volume control there should be a TV channel mixer and there is not.

I've tried uninstalling both and reinstalling the TV tuner before the sound card but no luck.

I have just noticed that the PCI sound card and the PCI TV tuner are sharing the same IRQ (3). In fact there are 7 devices on IRQ 3! Could this be something to do with the problem?

Please can someone explain to me why this is and what I might be able to try to get it to work.

Thanks very much. Theo

Edited by Aku Aku, 21 May 2006 - 06:45 AM.

Advertisements

Aku Aku

Aku Aku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
somebody must know the answer!
please