Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi.I've had this problem for a few weeks now....Flrman1 over on the malware section had been heping me,and gave me a clean bill of health virus wise. He suggested that maybe inside the case needs cleaned out.The problem I now have is that I dont know how to safely take the case off to clean the inside.....so Flrman1 suggested that I come here and ask for some help.Any help anyone can provide would be great.thanks

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
What make and model of computer do you have ?

If is an OEM model (HP, Dell etc) then there could be any number of ways that the left-side panel comes off or swings away from the rest of the case.

On the rear of the case are there 2 screws holding the left side panel on ? If so then remove them and slide the panel rearward for about and inch. The panel should then be able to be lifted out and away from the case.

If there aren't any screws holding the left side panel on then you will need to refer to the product manual. There are many ways, some bizzare, in which OEM cases are opened. If you don't have a product manual you might try calling tech support of the manufacturer. Have the product number and its serial number handy.