Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to install windows and....

• Please log in to reply

willynwilson

willynwilson

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi there, just trying to re-install windows onto my laptop due to my laptop being really slow, but the problem is that when i try in re-install windows a blue screen pops up saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x801D2FF4, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E6D06"

i just dont understand why this is happening because im starting installing windows from scratch!

Can anyone help?

Regards

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This issue usually results from bad drivers--and windows does load drivers but they are supposed to be certified.

what kind of laptop? Do you have anything hooked up to it (printers, usb devices?) Can you disable some hardware (NIC, USB ports, onboard modem) in bios before running setup?

willynwilson

willynwilson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the reply,
i have a fujitsu siemens laptop, and i do have serious problem with the sound drivers and devices, the driver i got for the sound device doesnt work, and everytime i try to install the "sis 7012" driver windows crashes hence why i have to install windows.

i am not able to disable anything within bios!

Any advice?

Regards

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
there 324 Fujitsu laptops. please provide a model number so that I can do some research on the system specs

There is nothing like "integrated peripherals" in bios, or Network card disable/enable?

You have nothing plugged into this machine at all (pcimia cards, mouse, keyboard, printer)?

willynwilson

willynwilson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
its the fujitsu siemens amilo d7850, no nothing is plugged into my laptop!