Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

making a touchscreen for my computer

• Please log in to reply

CAUTION5697

CAUTION5697

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have recently been given an old PDA or "handtop" as ive heard it been called. It is a Sharp HC-4600 with a 6.5' touchscreen. I was wondering if i could take the touchscreen out and somehow hook it up to my computer, either externally in internally. Im not sure if this is even possible or what i ould do with it once its done, but im interested in what i could do with it. If this is a very farfetched idea, then is there anything else i could do with it.

I also have a dock and and extra battery for it

heres a website that tells a little about it if you dont know what it is
http://www.romax.net...cts/hc4600.html

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
I hate to say it, but you may be kicking a dead horse here.

Most newer PDAs are meant to hook up to a PC via a seial or USB cable for the purpose of exchanging stored information. This one has an infrared port for exchanging data. You will need to get an infrared adapter for your PC in order to do this. First find out if there is software to run on your PC so that it can talk to the PDA.