Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zeus Master of Olympus

• Please log in to reply

brown2808

brown2808

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Is there a way to get Zeus Master of Olympus to run on Windows xp?

My old computer had windows 98 and I had no problems running Zeus.

My new computer has xp and I cannot get Zeus to run at all.

Advertisements

Hairybuffalokiller

Hairybuffalokiller

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Right click on the icon that you use to load the game. This might be on your desktop, start menu or quick launch tray.

Choose "Properties" from the drop down box, then the tab titled "Compatibility".

Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and select Windows 98 from the menu. If the game can only run in simple colours then check the 256 colours box too.

Hope this is of some help. :tazz:

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I had uninstalled the program some time ago and now I am trying to install it and do what you suggested and I cannot even install it.

I get the following error message.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

and I have the following options.
close or ignore

Chekon

Chekon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah where the h*** is the help to fix tha ti ahve the same dam problem and my comp sorta sucks and isnt that new and xp has givin me so much s*** so reply to help us stupid folk to fix the problem

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I believe the proper way to ask for help is "please".

Anyway I had the game installed on this computer before but when I tried to play the game it would start up just fine and a little ways into the game it would just quit and sometimes cause my comp to reboot so I got tired of it and uninstalled it.

Now I can't install it again

If anyone knows what the error message in my previous post means then please help.

Nikke

Nikke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had that error too, but there are lots of solutions to it.

check this link

or easier if you take Xp fix from here

i hope that helps :tazz:

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks Nikke, that worked.

Now I am going to try what the buffalo person said and see if I can run it.

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok,
I tried what hairybuffalokiller suggested and nothing happens.

I changed the compatability and when I double click on the icon to start the game nothing happens.

Ariadne26

Ariadne26

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Zeus worked fine on my windows 98, but when i tried installing it on my windows xp pro, an error always comes up when it has installed 87%. the first window reads:

An error has occured in the move data process:-106

(only option is OK)

The next window reads

ComponentMoveData had the following errors:
Media name: data
Component: Executable
File Group: Executable
File: zeus_kraken.555
Error Number:-106 (refer to the online help)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tired the advice from everyone but nothing helped. And where do I find the online help? :tazz: !

zesty153

zesty153

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK well i installed ZEUS without any trouble, the problem is that it wont work on my XP.
It wont run when i click on it from my start menu, and i tried that help from Nikke and i dunno i mightve not done the right thing but that didnt work so if i did the wrong thing tell me waht to do, but i tried that thing from hairy buffalo or w/e and when i click it to run i get an error saying FT_Thunk(KERNEL32.dll) i dunno what the mean so if i can fix that for it work plz tell me

SEND HELP PLZZZZZZZ!

Advertisements

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

And where do I find the online help? ;) !

View Post

exactly!!
It's like the makers of the game just dissapeared off the planet.
When I try to go to their site, I get the vugames site.
But Zeus isn't listed anywhere. :tazz:

This is really eating at me because its such a great game and now that I have gotten a newer, better, super fast computer, I can't play it. ;)
:)

Edited by brown2808, 20 May 2005 - 12:17 PM.

vivekharin

vivekharin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Removed Email

jaykub7

jaykub7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK, I don't know if this post is still being monitored, but I am having problems just installing this on my Windows XP Machine, I have tried everything in this post with the exception of the Patch, because I am unable to locate this patch.

Basically when I tried to install the game, It loads setup.exe but doesn't show anything, and basically the program hangs. It doesn't freeze my computer.

When I End the Process it says, The request to end the selected 16 bit task has timed out. The win 16 subsystem may be unstable. Press OK to terminate the Win 16 Subsystem or Cancel to leave it running

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it

:tazz:

mystify

mystify

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've just reloaded zeus and I'm goin to try your tips,cause I can get in the game as well but than it turns my puter off :tazz: So here goes any thing I'll give it a go.

brown2808

brown2808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
That's what mine used to do. I could get the game to run but it would cause my computer to reboot after about 2 or 3 minutes.

Now that I have removed the game and reinstalled it, I can't get it to run at all.