Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer "Error" ?! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Heatherwhoislost

Heatherwhoislost

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay....I try to go to certain sites, for example, Myspace. com and it loads the page and all..but when i try to scroll down it comes up "Error" and automatically shuts out ALL of the internet explorers I have opened

is there anyway to fix this? PLZ help!?

Advertisements

Heatherwhoislost

Heatherwhoislost

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
seriously..any help is appreciated!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Please be patient. The guys that know more about these types of problems will get to you. I've used Win 98 and when overloaded with a lot of images from a web page, some addresses would be overwritten causing my PC to freeze. This may or may not be your problem, but you might want to list the specs for your PC and exactly what you were doing at the time of the problem. Possibly try shutting down a lot of running processes as long as you are using Win 98 and a PC which may not be able to handle a fully loaded web page.

Ron

ryan987

ryan987

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I'm having the exact same problem. But it only happens when i'm trying to watch streaming videos or listen to streaming Music. Particularly with Yahoo LaunchCast. It used to work great, but now 10 seconds in, I get the 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'

Any help is much appreciated....
Thanks.

opaque

opaque

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys, i would recommed you guys try a system restore, no i im not talking about a System Reboot but a system restore.

Start> All programs> Accessories> System tools> System restore

Oh, and dont worry you wont lose any data from your computer it will only restore the settings from any date: from the day you bought your computer t'll present. Actually you get to pick a date. So good luck i hope this helps

Edited by opaque, 25 May 2006 - 09:52 AM.