Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer not conneting

• Please log in to reply

Cabron

Cabron

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
My Internet Explorer will not connet to any site it comes up with "The page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server" on the top bar.

When I go to tools, internet options, connections, lan settings I try to click automatically detect settings and unclick use proxy server for your LAN and click OK. But after I click OK it like resets itself and uncheckes automatically detect settings and rechecks use proxy server for your LAN

With this as the address:

And this as the port:

on the advanced tab it has the same address and port for HTTP, Secure, FTP, Gopher.

I have tried changing the address and port but it resets itself again to the same as soon as I hit OK.

My version on IE is 6.02900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Cipher Strength: 128-bit
Update Versions:; SP2;

I am connecting this computer to the internet via wireless card to my router. My main PC that is wired to the router has no trouble running IE. This computer has no trouble updating programs, playing games, and using mozilla as a browser. I just need IE so I can manually update windows and/or download things from Microsoft.

I am not sure what other info is needed but let me know and I will give :blink:

Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements

Cabron

Cabron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I got it fixed, my problem was I had 2 antivirus e-mail scanning programs running. only really knew about one. Anyway it is fixed now. If anyone else has this problem I hope this helps.