Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio whatsoever

• Please log in to reply

hunitasi

hunitasi

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
System: XP spk2, soundblaster live 24 bit

I have no sound coming out of the computer, I checked the connections (opened up the PC), ran hardware wizard (it is there and enabled), re -installed drivers, all settings seem to be ok, but no system sound, not anything, not a beep from the computer.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could you list specs of system? Also, did you check under Device Manager for any listed problems? Possibly a rollback to a previous Restore point where sound was working ok? Did you do anything differently or did sound just stop working after boot up one day? Are you using speakers or headphones? Did you run Windows XP's sound diagnostics also?

I probably didn't cover the right questions, but one of the other more experience guys on here may drop by and come up with something.

Ron

hunitasi

hunitasi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I didn't do rollback b/c the problem started appr a month ago but I didn't really care about it until now. I think it started to act up after th HD locked up for whatever reason. Now it's working fine but no sound. I did all the possible diagnostics, all settings seem to be right. I use speakers 2.1.