Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Get rid of this bubble

• Please log in to reply

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Whenever I start up the computer I get a bubble popup thing that says devices/applications were disabled because they would cause Windows to become unstable. It also says click here for details so when I click, it shows up with a screen that says 'My Computer Status', it seems to show the drivers and things installed on my computer. I don't see anything wrong...everything is supported and theres nothing that shows up wrong. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this annoying bubble?

Thanks

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Are there any yellow !'s in your device manager? If there are, select them and delete them. Reboot and see if this fixed your problem.

Joeturf

Joeturf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I found no Yellow !'s . :whistling:

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Do you have any devices attached to your machine that don't work properly?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

I found no Yellow !'s . :whistling:

Just a quick question. When you looked for any problems in Device Manager, you did expand all trees to see every device?

Ron

Joeturf

Joeturf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I have no external devices, and yes I expanded each tree :whistling:. I guess I could just get away with having windows not show bubbles, I forgot how to do that though haha.

There's nothing really wrong with my computer..it's just the bubble keeps showing up and its super annoying to X it out all the time. If we COULD find a permament solution that'd be great but just disabling those would be fine as well!

Edited by Joeturf, 25 May 2006 - 12:01 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm running Win XP Pro now and I'm trying to get a handle on what you are calling "bubble" popups after boot up. I see some in my lower right hand corner if I restart, but these are normal events telling me things I need to know. Are these the "bubbles" you are referring to? Can you ATTACH a screen shot of what you are talking about?

There are several things that can be done to turn off activities once I know which one you are referring to and whether it is a controlable item. Win XP provides some controls and TweakUI could be used for others, but I think it is just something very common. Anyone with better ideas/suggestions...just hop in.

Ron

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
You can turn off the bubbles in xp but that doesn't mean the possible problem is gone. With the bubbles turned off, it just doesn't tell you about the problem anymore.

Edited by emery, 25 May 2006 - 12:47 AM.