Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Problems - Not sure if actually Keyboard or Computer

• Please log in to reply

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Lets just say that the only way that I could type this was by typing it all up in an AOL Instant Message, then copying and pasting it into this box.

So what exactly is happening? Well every letter I type seems to automatically refresh the webpage that I'm on. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying, seeing as I run a website, and can't type much now. Also the repeat rate of my keys sometimes just stops... like I won't be able to repeat a key by holding it down, also sometimes it skips letters, like I'll press the button but it won't come out properly.

Need Help Urgently!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go to device manager, click + next to keyboards, right click the keyboard, click remove, confirm, reboot

Look for updated keyboard software on the manufacturer's site