Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"cmos settings wrong" problem

• Please log in to reply

tami59

tami59

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi! :blink:

I just want to ask what I should do when "cmos settings wrong" keeps on appearing whenever I start up my computer. Also the date/time settings would always reset with every start-up.

I read somewhere that this could mean that the motherboard battery is malfunctioning. Does that mean that I need a new battery?

Also, could this problem by any chance affect my printer? I can't print documents anymore even though my printer is working perfectly fine.

Help please :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start the PC, set the date and time, try the printer

Try here for changing the battery

http://www.liverepai...cmosreplace.asp

tami59

tami59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks for giving me the link. I'll try to replace the battery. The printer is still weird though. It can do self tests but I can't print from my PC. I think I'll just ask the HP hotline to help me.

Thanks again.