Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Virtual Machine Launcher

• Please log in to reply

dardar1983

dardar1983

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello! I recently had a problem with malware and stuff like that so I posted a topic on your site. The person helped me with everything they could possibly help me with except this one problem. Whenever I start up my computer, I get this message:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher "Could not find the main class. Program will exit"

I don't know what it is or how to get rid of it. I did everything Jet Ian asked me to do and we couldn't fix it! If anyone can help me, I would grately appreciate it! Here is a link to our discussion!

Geeks to go discussion

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download hte manual java runtime
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

add/remove control panel, remove everything that has to do with JS2e runtime environment

install the previously downloaded java runtime

reboot

fix?

dardar1983

dardar1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I did exactly what you asked me to do and the box still pops up! :blink: :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You still have hijack loaded

check the following setting and hit fix

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

reboot

fix

if not, check the following item and hit fix

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SprintModemUpdate] javaw.exe -cp "C:\Program Files\Motive\FirmwareUpdater\lib\SprintModemUpdate.jar" com.motive.firmwareUpdater.client.SprintModemUpdate

reboot

fix ?

dardar1983

dardar1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I opened my hijack this and deleted what you asked but when I rebooted my computer the message was still there.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
both?

dardar1983

dardar1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Yes sir I deleted both of those files!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I want you to do two things for me

a) ATTACH another hijackthis log (new one)...DO NOT POST IT, attach it. Save it is as text file and use the attach button on the bottom of hte add reply page

b) start > run
msconfig
<enter>

On the first tab, choose SELECTIVE START UP and uncheck everything beneath it then reboot.

dardar1983

dardar1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Here is the attachment of my hijack this log file!

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what happend with the second step ?

dardar1983

dardar1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
When I clicked on the selective startup mode this message appeared when I rebooted my computer:

System Configuration Utility

You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way windows starts. The System Configuration Utility is currently in selective or diagnostic startup mode, caysing this message to be displayed and the utility to run everytime windows starts.

Choose the normal startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you made using the System Configuration Utility.

Then it had a box that said Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts.

I don't believe the message popped up when windows started up but all of my icons on the taskbar were gone and I couldn't connect to the internet. What do I need to do to make my icons come back?