Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It just reboots itself..nonstop=-=

• Please log in to reply

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:whistling:
My computer just reboots itself continously=-=

It couldn't even log into Windows...
Only the loading screen, which is black in colour, could be seen =-=

The computer ask me to choose from safe mode or noraml mode etc, but non of the choices can get into Windows successfully =-=

When I choice one of the modes, it flashs a blue screen for a second (when loading) and then reboots itself and repeat the above process..=-=

I have already try to boot my computer using CD-ROM by putting the CD-ROM drive as the 1st booting device(whatever it calls..=-= I know nill technical terms..)

but it still reboots itself as if it can't detect the existance of my CD-ROM drive!
(but both my C drive, D drive and CD-ROM drive are shown in the 1st dos-like screen which my dad set to check the presence of the drives after the disa...)

What can I do to save my computer without losing data...?
Thanks

(I know my English is bad but I really need helps......=-=)

Thanks a lot

Oh, yea, that computer uses Windows XP pro

Edited by evelyn24, 23 May 2006 - 09:11 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you changed the boot order, did you press F10 to save, type Y to confirm then press enter

Do you see press any key to load from CD and press enter

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

When you changed the boot order, did you press F10 to save, type Y to confirm then press enter

Do you see press any key to load from CD and press enter

Well, actually my dad help me to change the boot order
but I am sure that he did press the confirm button

I can't see any key to load from CD...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Worth checking the setting and making the hard drive the last thing it attempts to boot from, press F10 to save, type Y to confirm, check the XP CD is in the drive you originally used to install windows, press enter to reboot. If it does not display, press any key to load from CD, start the PC and keep tapping the enter key from the moment you start the machine

This is an outside chance

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.micro....com/kb/315222/

A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
oh, thanks^^
I'll try it.

I think what I did is similar to the guildlines above...

evelyn24

evelyn24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OKay, tried, finally.
But useless...=-=

thanks anyway ^-^

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key (possibly F2) until it enters set up, look for BIOS defaults, load those, press F10 to save, type Y to confirm, put the XP CD in the drive and press enter, then keep tapping the enter key to seee if it loads

Check the boot order while in BIOS set up