Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Access Report problem

• Please log in to reply

dean411

dean411

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a crosstab query in MS Access that I have turned into a report. Whenever I try to use a label to calculate the grand total of a field, I will either get the last value entered in that field, a 0 value or "#Error" inside the label. Please :whistling:
Thanks

Advertisements

dsm

dsm

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi Dean,
I tried to do what you are attempting to acheive and was unsuccessful.
I am not sure why yet, but there is an alternative.

Try something similar to the following formula in the textbox which is currently getting the error.

=DSum("[Qty]","tblFruit","[Day] = 'Fri'")

In this formula I am calculating the sum of the Qty field in tblFruit where the Day field = Fri

In the crosstab query the type of Fruit is the Row Heading, the Day including Fri is a Column Heading and the value is Qty.

Hope this Helps
Regards
DSM