Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

• Please log in to reply

Bluegums

Bluegums

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi GTG,

Twice in the last few days my computer has crashed with a BSOD followed by an automatic re-boot.

Your system has recovered from a serious error. Here's the error signature:

BCODE:10000050 BCP1:BCC97808 BCP2:00000000 BCP3:BF9F3EE3 BCP4:00000000
OSver:5_12600 SP:2_0

And Error Report:
C:\ DOCUMENT~Usermame\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3354.dir00Mini052206-01.dmp
C:\ DOCUMENT~Usermame\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3354.dir00\Sysdata.xml

First time this happened was a month ago (but without the auto re-boot) and I got this error message:

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER STOP:0X000000FE (0X0000002, 0XF9A46558,0xFF856820)

I'm running WinXP with SP2. A BT Voyager 105 ADSL Cable Modem and a HP PSC are connected via two USB ports. It was when I started connecting/disconnecting an external drive that I think the problems began.

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Bluegums

*EDIT -- http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html

The above thread was recently posted (in Hardware & Peripherals) in reference to a similar problem but the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER STOP CODE isn't listed?

Some more information: When I go to device manager there are seven 'WAN Network drivers' with exclamation marks beside them (one is working properly) Properties: Device cannot start (code 10) Roll back driver: No back up available/installed. Re-install with disc? I tried to update the drivers but 'couldn't find a better match for your hardware than what you have installed' Do I need to re-install with disc?

I Hope this helps.

Edited by Bluegums, 27 May 2006 - 08:53 PM.

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
KB331988 - Bugcheck 0x000000FE Under Stress with USB 2.0 Hard Disks

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
"there are seven 'WAN Network drivers' with exclamation marks beside them"

Go back to device manager and delete all the one's with exclamation marks,
then restart and see if system prompts for drivers,and or/check if exclamation marks disappear/reappear

Edited by HaraldR, 03 June 2006 - 05:22 AM.

Bluegums

Bluegums

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. I've already been to the microsoft UK site but they suggest updating to SP2 to fix this problem? I have SP2 already and every other update - they're automatic. I've taken advice from a friend and I'm going to try and clean my system first in case I have a spy/malware problem or a virus that might be contributing to this. I'll post a HijackThis log asap.

I un-installed the drivers with exclamation marks beside them and they're gone now. There were no prompts after restart so I guess that's that sorted. Thanks HaraldR :whistling:

Edited by Bluegums, 05 June 2006 - 05:40 PM.