Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network issue?or windows xp issue?

• Please log in to reply

pureenglish

pureenglish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i used to have a home network set up .. using a crossover cable .both computer have windows xp pro .
the connection used to work perfect.. but the time came where i had to format both .

so iwent ahead and formatted both computers .. once done i reset the network back up

now i thought everything was ok intill i went on teh cilent computer . i am online.but i cannot connect to some sites [like windows update msn. any mircosoft websites i cannnot connect to .]

but only on the cilent .. the host works perfect.

now is this a network issue or windows xp? they r both using the same cd to install but different keys.

on teh host computer under control panel i can see teh windows update icon but it isnt there on teh cilent [ ive reinstalled windows 3 times no luck]

any1 have a any ideas?

p.s no firewalls r on
p.p.s please dont say buy a router it will make me cry :whistling:

:blink:

Advertisements