Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger .. Encountered a Problem

• Please log in to reply

WildOrchid

WildOrchid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Oh yea.. and when I removed the yahoo messenger and all of everything that had to do with yahoo messenger I went to my add/remove program after wards again and noticed that the yahoo messenger tool bar is there and it won't remove when I click on it to be removed.. weird huh...lol.. okay.. thought I would add that but yea.. should I download yahoo messenger again? or I think I might wait for your response .. k .. thanks again! :-)

Advertisements

WildOrchid

WildOrchid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
;) BUMP :tazz:

WildOrchid

WildOrchid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
;) BUMP ;) :tazz: ;-) Just bumping this up :-)

deejal

deejal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My Yahoo continues to shut down and encounters a problem while trying to cahnge pictures. It shuts down. This is on a brand new hard drive so I know that I have no malware/spyware nothing.

I am at awe because I have never had a problem with yahoo messenger in 8 years.

PondoSinatra2005

PondoSinatra2005

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Wild Orchid adn ditto:
I was having the same problem and I found this forum on google, saw your post, registered and logged in. I think I may have a solution for you: go to this page and download an older version of messenger. Im using the 5.5 and it works perfectly. My messenger name is PondoSinatra2005. Give me an IM if it works or let me know. http://www.yazakpro....erdownloads.htm

deejal

deejal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I reformatted the hard drive and it still shut down. I put in a new hard drive and tried again...and that didn't work. The only way i got it to work was too install win2k and then download yahoo, then install winXP. I have no idea why.

PondoSinatra2005

PondoSinatra2005

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, you're sayin it worked after installing w2k? After failing to get messenger7.whatever to work I had excellent results with 5.5. Im a big fan of older-version software. New stuff have too many bellsand whistles that are useless.
And W2k just better for everything. I can't play some of my favorite games on xp either. Im thinking of going back also. Another good forum is www.hackinthebox.com . It's slow but has the brightest geeks on the net. My username there is : nomadsoul
Ciao

deejal

deejal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I reinstalled win2k on a clean drive. Then, I installed messenger. then....re-upgraded to winXP pro and everything works fine. I called Yahoo customer service and they walked me through everything and she finally said they don't know.

I too use older versions from time to time.

As for as my games go (Quake), i have never had any problems.

www.fatwallet.com for savings

Amie

Amie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks to whoever it was that suggested Trillian....It's AWESOME and the heck with Yahoo messenger now. After two days of fighting with it, I'll stick with Trillian, which allows me to message everyone!

I still can't access yahoo mail from Internet Explorer, but can through Firefox, so I'm changing my default browser as well since firefox works much better anyway!