Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I tried it and did not like it. How do I remove it so I can re-install WMP 10

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
how exactly did you "try it" and what do you mean by "it didn't like it"

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont know how you couldnt like it over WMP10 10 really sucks, read this it tells you how http://reviews.cnet....threadID=176978 . I dont get it 11 is leaps and bounds ahead of 10 i love it so much but i have a huge collection of tunes and the library interface is so good.

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Yeah WMP11 is nice! I like how it like searches your collection and has album covers to the shows and what not...very neat!..

Edited by pomp, 23 May 2006 - 03:41 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ah...i get what you said..you tried wmp11 and didn't like it..not tried to remove it and the computer didn't like you removing it..sorry for misreading that..

hmmm....i have no idea how to revert....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
start > settings > control panel > add/remove programs > check the box that says "show updates" > uninstall windows media player 11 and the windows media player 11 runtime.. that should be listed under microsoft