Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some kind of pen interface for a toshiba laptop

• Please log in to reply

keith11

keith11

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
My laptop, Toshiba satelliete m35-s320 is almost 2 yrs old and I don't have money to buy a new tablet pc. So I was wondering if there was something like an extrenal pad or something on which I can write or take notes and which could be connected to my laptop through a port, facilitating the things I write to appear on my laptop screen and also can be stored in some document format (or which can be used with microsoft one note). I know there are some pads like this, but I am not sure what they are called and how far will they fit in my requirements. If someone knows anything about it, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
If I'm getting this right, you want an external tablet to attach to your tablet pc?

Why? Is the tablet function on your laptop not working?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.tigerdire...c.asp?CatId=140 ask and ye shall receive

keith11

keith11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a tablet PC (that's why I mentioned the model number so there is no confusion). Dsenette, thanks for the accurate source you provided. I did come accross those during my research, but I was looking for something which can actually show what I am writing or drawing in real-time on my laptop's screen. The digital notepads and drawing pads take the input and are able to reproduce it on the laptop later on, but I was looking for something which may show whatever I am writing on the pad directly on my laptop's screen. Any suggestions? Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i think you've got a misconception on those tablets...those tablets are used for real time manipulation...obviously you can't walk around with it writing on it like you would if you had a tablet pc...but at your desk y ou can write notes....draw in paint or photoshop....you can even use the language options in windows to write in the llittle windows note pad if you know how to turn that on..

keith11

keith11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yeah, you are right. But I think only some of those have those real time capability, I might be wrong again. I am not sure if Digimemo has that capability. But anyways, I have finalized Adesso's Cyberpad 8'' x 11' which is a combo of writing pod as well as a graphics pad. Once again, I really appreciate your help. Thank you...