Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer specs

• Please log in to reply

saxamufone

saxamufone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok well im not very skilled when it comes to the hardware side of computers so I was wandering where my computer would be classed, like low, medium or high performance. Here are the specs

Computer- ACPI Multiprocecssor PC

WinXP
Home edition
Version 2002
SP2

CPU (Dual) pentium 4 2.79Ghz (2.80)
RAM 1Gig
Graphics card Radeon 9200 series

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
It depends on what you use your machine for. Gaming, word processing, video editing. They all need different specs to have best performance.

Overall your specs look pretty good for the next few years. I'd give it a medium-high.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The ram is enough but no speed listed. Cpu speed is fairly low for that cpu series, and gfx is old and slow, its definatley low end.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Compare those specs with the desktop in my signature and you'll laugh even harder.

saxamufone

saxamufone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
wow my comp cops a chopping :whistling: got ne ideas for a good but not to expensive upgrade for the gfx, im noot looking for a dort cheep get out of jail free card just a mid range upgrade.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
that depends if you have pci or agp. if you have pci the best cards you can get are ati 9250se or nvidia 5500 series. how ever if you have agp then a good card not going all out would be a ati 9800 or nvidia 6600 or 6800 the 6800 is bit pricer.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
low end system :whistling: